Phillip Garrdo's Parole Officer and his family are going through hell now. Why?
THE PAROLE OFFICER DIDN'T DO HIS JOB!
For example, Garrido's Parole Officer:
1. Didn't check the wires leading to the secret compound.
2. Didn't go into the secret compound.
3. Didn't barge in and search Garrido's property.
4. Didn't ask Garrido's brother if he had any children.
5. Didn't talk to Garrido's neighbors.
6. Didn't call the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office about Garrido.
7. Didn't take Garrido to Drug Rehab.
8. Didn't refer Garrido to mental health counseling.
9. Didn't check Garrido's rap sheet and Court records.
My biggest beef is the Department's excuse of "we didn't get any training about parole searches". FUCK! Both the United States Supreme Court have ruled that parole searches are constiutional, and the California Legislature specifically authorized it. It is clear that they ought to stop listening to their legal department, and start listening to the public and common sense.
Seriously, the Parole Agent's family should get police protction, but if it had to take two UC Policewomen to stop Garrido, then the California Department of Corrections is in deep shit. It all comes under the category of
He's smart. He knows things. His uncle taught at MIT. - *He's smart. He knows things. His uncle taught at MIT.* by digby Trump talking about the Alexander-Murray health care fix: Well, I’ve — I have looked at...
17 minutes ago